We are now on the island of Corfu - Wed \oct 26. Didn't blog yesterday as I discovered it is very expensive to use the internet on the ship for anything other than checking emails, so we are now going to be blogging from internet cafes when we are in port. Yesterday we were in Dubrovnik. Very pretty place and very historical. We went to old town and toured around the monasteries and palaces. There is a lot of orginal renaissance art just hanging on the walls. They are not protected from the elements. It was very strange to see. Because I'm limited in my mobility we didn't climb the stairs to the top of the wall of old town, but we did see a fair amount of stuff. It is one spot I would like to come back to some time.
We are in Corfu today, and the kids are off exploring on their own. We are wandering the wonderful little streets of Corfu and looking at all the outdoor markets. There are so many little streets and nooks. It's funny, it looks deserted from the main streets until you wander down the tiny side streets, and that is where you will find the cafes, stores, markets and people.
I will blog again tomorrow from Katakolon Greece, and let you know what happened the rest of the day.
BTW the weather has been overcast rainy and windy the last couple of days. We are hoping for nice weather in the next day or so, maybe when we hit Egypt in a couple of days.
testing comments with Janie
ReplyDeleteHi Rae and Charmain,
ReplyDeleteNew experience this blogging. I had a bit of a problem sending my first post but Janie was able to help me as usual.
It sounds like you are having a great trip and your comments are bringing back wonderful memories of our time spent in the Mediterranean.
We called the Spa to check on the dogs. They are doing very well.
Shelby likes to sleep in and enjoys her rubs and treats.
Findlay loves her sauna every evening and is able to get out of bed much easier in the morning.
Both dogs have made new friends.
Russ and I are thinking of checking in.
Kathy